Spring Forward with the April 2016 Credit Crunch Munch
I am delighted to be guest hosting the April Credit Crunch Munch blog challenge. Developed by Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla of Fab Food 4 All. This is your one stop shop to discover frugal tips, advice and delicious recipes that will keep your belly full and be friendly on your purse.
I have gained so much from taking part in and following previous Credit Crunch Munch challenges, not to mention the money I’ve saved. Some useful things I learned were: that you can use coconut powder in place of the more expensive coconut milk I had been using in my dishes; to buy spices from Asian supermarkets as they are quite a bit cheaper; and to love your freezer!
This challenge features:
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients – cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
CREDIT CRUNCH MUNCH
Are you up for the challenge? To take part, simply blog about any money saving idea that is vaguely food related. We do do a full round up so I will be mentioning all the recipes that are submitted. Check out the March Round up for more inspiration.
There are a few rules:
- Please link to the Credit Crunch Munch pages on Fuss Free Flavours and Fab Food 4 All
- Please link to the current host (that’s me) From Plate to Pen
- Please use the Credit Crunch Munch Badge above
- Tweet using #creditcrunchmunch and tag me @FromPlatetoPen @FabFood4All & @FussFreeHelen
- Closing date – last day of the month – so 30th April 2016
- You are welcome to link up one or two old posts, but please republish them
- By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest
- If blogging a recipe from elsewhere on the internet or a book please be mindful of copyright
- But feel free to send to as many other events as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
- Please be courteous and visit a few other blogs who take part, comment and share – remember to use #creditcrunchmunch
- This is a blog hop so please grab the code and share the linky on your site too.
We look forward to seeing your entries!
- Lentil, Frankfurter and Tomato Soup – roast chicken and a country walk - […] this April – have a look to see what else is there! It’s hosted this month by Sarah of…