Fennel and Cinnamon Tea Recipe
It was on a school trip to London many years ago that I first had a taste of chai tea. Those sweet smelling aromas of the spices was a completely new experience from the tea I was used to drinking. Ever since then, I’ve been a fan of this type of tea. Normally when I feel sick/bloated or stressed chai tea is what I reach for, as it appears to calm me down and aid my stomach ailments.
I started making my own versions of chai tea using spices that I particularly like. That’s how this fennel and cinnamon tea recipe came about. It’s so easy to make you could hardly call it a recipe and tastes amazing! So if you are a fan of fennel and cinnamon, check this one out.
- 1 tea cup of water
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed (not too finely)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 green or black teabag (optional)
- sweetener to taste - honey, agave or any other like maple syrup (optional)
- Pour a tea cup of water into a saucepan along with the fennel seeds and cinnamon and bring to the boil. Once at boiling point turn down the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the teabag (if you use one) and simmer for another 1-2 minutes then turn off the heat completely and let it steep for a minute.
- Remove the teabag and pour into a cup through a strainer/sieve.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Serves: 1
For more chai tea inspiration:
Chai Tea Latte – HungryHealthyHappy
The Perfect Chai Latte – Munchies and Munchkins
For something more than just tea:
Chai Courgette Muffins – Recipes From A Pantry
Masala Chai Macarons – Patisserie Makes Perfect