Pre-Workout Banana and Strawberry Smoothie
I’m not the healthiest girl in town and keeping fit isn’t often on my mind, but when the Summer time arrives everything changes! As my thoughts turn to wearing cute little shorts, summer frocks and bikinis, keeping fit suddenly jumps to the top of my agenda!
I love the idea of hitting the gym but I probably wouldn’t dedicate 4 -5 days a week to it. And to be frank – I’d feel a bit uncomfortable in a room full of hot gym bunnies fit people! Anyway, why spend your money on the gym when you can go out and exercise for free? (I keep telling myself this). I love walking, either with Hannah or just out exploring the countryside. I’m proud to say I’m a damn good hula-hooper too!
Food habits naturally change with the seasons; porridge is replaced by smoothie bowls, hot soups by salads. The long-awaited arrival of Summer is the inspiration for this pre-workout smoothie. Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, providing much needed energy for a workout, plus potassium helps prevent muscle cramping. Strawberries likewise provide energy and are high in vitamin C. Greek yogurt gives you extra protein and oats keep you feeling full.
- 1 chopped frozen over-ripe banana
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 120g strawberries
- 2 tbsp vanilla greek yogurt (I used Clandeboye Estate Greek Style Vanilla Yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oats
- 2-3 ice-cubes
- Place the frozen chopped banana in the blender along with the almond milk and mix until blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Serves: 1
How do you incorporate exercise into your daily routine? Any fellow hula-hoopers out there?
P.S. Check out my tropical inspired post-workout green smoothie!
- The She Hulk Post-Workout Green Smoothie - From Plate to Pen - […] By Sarah Montgomery From Plate to Pen http://www.fromplatetopen.com/ P.S. Need a pre-workout smoothie? Check out my Pre-workout Banana and…