Really Easy Chocolate and Vanilla fudge
If there’s ever a market in town that happens to have a stall selling fudge, then you can bet you’ll find me there. To say I’m a big fan of fudge is an understatement! I love browsing all the different flavours and taking a big mixed bag of the stuff home with me. Among my favourites are: rum and raisin; rocky road; classic vanilla; and of course, chocolate!
- 250g dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened.
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 200g icing sugar
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate up in pieces and put it in a heatproof bowl along with the butter, double cream, vanilla extract and salt. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and keep stirring until the chocolate has completely melted and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from the heat and slowly sift in the icing sugar, beating with a wooden spoon.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin, smoothing it down and place in the fridge to chill until firm.
- Once chilled, remove from the loaf tin and using a knife slice the fudge into little squares.
- Yield: 28 pieces