Curried Parsnip and Potato Soup
My last soup recipe that featured potato seemed to go down well with you guys, judging by my stats. With that in mind, I thought I would post up another one. This time parsnip is on the menu. I love the sweetness of parsnip and the mild curry powder adds a really nice kick. This makes for an ideal meal to have on those cold Spring evenings, whilst you’re dreaming of indian summers!
As this soup is vegetarian I am linking it up to Tinned Tomatoes ‘Meat Free Mondays’.
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225g parsnip, sliced
- 225g potato, sliced
- 25g flour
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- A handful of parsley
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and add the onion and crushed garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sliced parsnip and potatoes along with the flour and mild curry powder. Continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk, season and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup. Check the seasoning and add more if needed. Serve with parsley or a swirl of cream.
- Serves 4
- Chicken, celery and potato soup - From Plate to Pen - […] Curried Parsnip and Potato Soup Chilli Butternut Squash Soup […]