Crab salad and Pomegranate with a Japanese Dressing
Are you a fan of crab? I love it – it’s one of my favourite seafoods. And now that it’s nearly BBQ season, sitting outside is an option!
- 60g mixed leaves
- 30g spinach
- 80g pomegranate
- 240g white crab meat
- 50g sugarsnap peas, steamed
- 125g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Steam the sugarsnap peas for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the freshly squeezed lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and honey together. Seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed leaves, spinach, pomegranate and crab meat together, then drizzle in half of the dressing and toss to make sure all the ingredients are well coated.
- Lay the sugarsnap peas and thinly sliced cucumber on top and drizzle the rest of the dressing on.
- Yield: 1 large bowl
Other salad recipes from fellow food bloggers you may like:
Bulgur, Couscous and Puy Lentil Salad – Tinned Tomatoes
Pimms Summer Salad – Foodie Quine
Mango, Pomegranate and Lemon Balm Salad – Rough Measures
Baharat Spiced Roast Duck over an Orange & Pomegranate Couscous Salad – Recipes From A Pantry
Warm Chicken, Bacon and Tarragon Salad – Fab Food 4 All
Baked Mackerel Salad with Hot Ginger Dressing – The Hedge Combers
Halloumi and Chickpea Salad with Lime Vinaigrette – Super In The Suburbs
Asparagus & Courgette Salad With Goats Cheese & A Mustard Dressing – The Foodie Couple Blog
Warm Spinach, Kale & Bacon Salad – Munchies and Munchkins
Celeriac with Beets, Raisins and Walnuts aka Pink Waldorf Salad – Coffee and Vanilla