Baked Chocolate and Coconut Bananas
If you are looking for a quick, easy dessert and want to use up some leftover Easter egg chocolate, then you can’t go wrong with these baked chocolate bananas! They might not look aesthetically pleasing, but they taste great – all that gooey chocolate, with a hint of mixed spice, drizzled in honey, along with the coconut creates a delicious treat. Not to mention it’s cheap, simple to make and kids will love the goo factor!
- 2 ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 50g Easter egg chocolate, broken up (or chopped chocolate)
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (plus more for extra toppings)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200c. With a sharp knife slice the banana lengthwise, going deep into the flesh, but being careful not to cut through to the skin on the other side.
- Open the slit to form a pocket and fill it with as much chocolate as you can (roughly 25g), 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut and 1 tsp of mixed spice.
- Wrap each banana loosely in tinfoil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open the foil and place each banana on a plate.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of honey on each banana and sprinkle more desiccated coconut on top.
- There will be some melted chocolate leftover in the foil when you take the banana out. You could use this to drizzle over a scoop of ice-cream and serve alongside it for an even more delicious treat!