Easy Lemon and Moringa Pancakes
Spring lambs, bright yellow daffodils a bloomin’…I just love this time of year. Bright colours do wonders for lifting my moods. I particularly love seeing all the little easter decorations on display in the shops. That must have put yellow in my mind, because I’ve been on a bit of a lemon kick recently.
This recipe is a take on an easy pancake recipe I used to make as a kid with my mum and sister. The only difference is I’ve added some moringa powder for a more earthy taste, which also just happens to get on fabulously well with the lemon infused rapeseed oil I’ve used too. Can I just add, that cooking with this rapeseed oil has been a real pleasure! The smell of lemon as it heats is incredible! But if you don’t have a lemon infused rapeseed oil, vegetable oil will also work.
These pancakes are flat like in the style of crepes. I made mine quite small, but of course you can make them larger if you wish.
- 125g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pint of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp Minvita moringa powder
- pinch of salt
- Broighter Gold lemon infused rapeseed oil for cooking
- caster sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add the milk, sieve in the flour and moringa powder. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Get the pan on a high heat and then add the oil.
- Pour in just enough batter (2 - 3 tbsp) so it spreads out thinly and evenly, lift the pan and swirl it around until the base is covered.
- Once the batter starts to bubble, flip your pancake with a spatula and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pancakes (as much or as little as you want) and add a sprinkling of sugar.