Recipe (Improved): Just Beet it Brownies
I have seen a lot of brownie recipes pop up recently and it made me think about my healthier version I made with beetroot and how I wanted to revise it. I did like the original but I wanted them to be more decadent because that’s how brownies should be, right?
I added more chocolate, so they aren’t as healthy, but they’re brownies so who cares, right? They’re more moist than my originals and you’ll still get that earthy beetroot taste coming through, which goes so well with the chocolate.
These would make the perfect gift for your loved one at Valentine’s Day especially if they’re a fan of beetroot.
- 3 eggs
- 100g golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g plain flour
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300g cooked beetroot
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- Whisk the eggs, golden syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Sieve the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and pinch of sea salt in a bowl and mix well together and then add it to the egg mixture.
- Melt the unsalted butter and chopped dark chocolate in a bowl by placing it into a saucepan of hot water, once ready add it to the egg mixture.
- Puree the cooked beetroot and fold into the mixture along with the chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180c.
- Let it cool and then cut into squares.
- Enjoy on its own or with ice-cream
- Recipe: Beetroot Superfood Supper Bowl - The Veg Space - […] Just Beet It Brownies from From Plate to […]