Almond Butter, Pecan and Chocolate Granola Parfait
If you read my last post This Charming Month then you’ll know I’m taking part in Veganuary. This is my first vegan recipe up for the month and it’s for breakfast or brunch/snack. Deliciously filling, nutty and sweet, this almond butter, pecan and chocolate granola parfait will keep you going up until lunch.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 vegan yogurt (I used raspberry flavour from the Tesco Free From range but a coconut/almond yogurt would be really nice too).
- 1/3 ripe banana
- Desiccated coconut for garnish
- To start, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and preheat your oven to 180c.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the granola except the cacao nibs until combined.
- Spread evenly on the lined baking tray. Bake for approx 15 minutes, stirring half way through. Then add the cacao nibs and bake for another 5 minutes. The granola should be golden brown and your kitchen should smell divine!
- Once it has cooled, layer with your yogurt of choice, add some sliced banana and sprinkle some desiccated coconut!
- Put your nosebag on and enjoy!