5 Simple Ways to Jazz up Mixed Veg!
With the weather being so fantastic this week it was inevitable that the BBQ would be dusted off and put into action.
Chicken was on the menu and I decided to add some mixed veg instead of a salad (along with roasted potatoes).
Mixed veg isn’t normally the kind of side dish that has people jumping up with excitement, plates outstretched shouting out, “can i have some moreeeee?!” but there are a few simple ingredients you can add to spice it up a bit!
1. Just adding a little salt, pepper, garlic and a tablespoon of butter, mixed veg is instantly jazzed up!
2. Or add salt, butter and parmesan cheese! Mmmm!
3. Mix it with couscous, simple but different!
4. Instead of steaming them, you could stirfry them and add rice with seasame oil and ginger or if you don’t have that – just soy sauce!
5. Last but not least my favourite simple and quick way of spicing up mixed veg is by just adding pesto. Quick, easy and tasty!
As you can see, the options are endless – no more plain boring mixed veg left unloved on the plate!
What’s your favourite way to spice up mixed veg?
Leave a Comment
© 2017, From Plate to Pen